Sunday 7 July 2013

188/365 Slow and hot 5k before watching a British Wimbledon Champion Big Kev

188/365 Slow and hot 5k before watching a British Wimbledon Champion by Big Kev

The opportunity presented itself again today to run down through Ashton Court to the Dovecote as Katie was dropped off at work by Tina. The calf was feeling a little better and foolishly I pushed on a little too hard and too early, but thats just the way I am made. The first two miles were bearable but at the end of mile 2 the throbbing calf started again so I had to slow up even though it was downhill.

The timing of the run met with the hottest part of the day so I am sure that had a part to play in the aching muscles. Still it was lovely to be running through the park as seeing so many smiling faces and families enjoying the amazing weather.

Following the run I had the full works, stretching, massage and long shower and I am now perfectly setup to enjoy the tennis. What a match, these athletes are at the top of their game and with the conditions being what they are, it makes it even more amazing. Very happy!

I intend to have another low mileage week (minimums) to give the calf as much rest as possible, so I expect some early runs this week to take advantage of the nice evenings with the family.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment