Sunday 14 July 2013

195/365 Hot darn hot! 8 miles by Big Kev

195/365 Hot darn hot! 8 miles by Big Kev

Well that was warm!!!! Even after leaving the run until the latter part of the day the heat has not dissipated. I wanted to put some tempo miles in today, if possible, where the goal was on maintaining the same amount of effort more than just a fixed pace. Well I am very pleased to report that even with a few aches and pains the goal was achieved and even enjoyed. I have to put this down to really taking it easy this weekend. I had been feeling increasingly tired and with it irritable. I am sure this can be directly attributed to the inconvenience and pain brought on by the injury as it was picked up under such innocuous circumstances. I am happy to report though as the pain seems to be abating the mood seems to be lifting, so a big thank you to my friends and importantly family Tina, Katie, Jess and my long suffering business partner Jody for sticking with me.

Its been a great weekend if a little warm, as demonstrated by my kit after the run, to wring it would have been a little crude, but you didn't need to to know it was wet. After a nice shower it is now my job to rehydrate as much as possible. My drink of choice tonight will be Thatchers based, it is still the weekend after all.

Bring on the working week.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment