Monday 29 July 2013

210/365 Kev's back! 5K by Big Kev

210/365 Kev's back! 5K by Big Kev

At last I finally feel better as the data from today's run proves. I ran early on Sunday to allow me to run late today and give me over 24 hours rest and yet still meet the run everyday criteria. This has also been assisted by the cumulative effect of running the minimum distance each day for the last 10 days. The upshot is that I ran the whole 5K today without any ill effects. I still have some strapping on as a precaution and I will continue with the strapping and the minimums for the next few days before we go away.

Once we returned from our trip I will then see how well I can increase the mileage as the Portishead, Bristol and Cardiff half marathon come in quick succession and whilst I would love to race them, I am now more than ever aware of the big prize.

Additionally once I am back from our trip I will be making some announcements regarding the end of year celebration, so watch this space.

Macmillan have been instrumental in helping me get this organised so also expect some serious plugging of the fund raising website along the way.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

2 comments:

  1. I used to do a days run just before midnight. Reset and do the next run just after midnight so that I could get almost 40+ hours rest for the next one. I called it my infamous midnight flip. It works and a few others have tried it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charles, I might have to do this anyway as I am flying abroad on Friday so I might do this Thursday/Friday. Thanks
    for the tip.

    Kev

    ReplyDelete