Tuesday 9 July 2013

189/365 Getting better, but still sore 5K by Big Kev

189/365 Getting better, but still sore 5K by Big Kev

Being in Gloucester on a Monday always gives me a chance for a lunchtime run (we have showers on site) and today was no exception. The calf is slowly getting better whilst running and is now more of a dead leg feeling rather than sharp pain. I therefore decided not to go off piste as this caused all the problems in the first place. So a simple circuit of Hignham, with a trot up and down the lane to cover the distance was all that I undertook. The weather did though have a big part to play as the temperature has soared and suncream had to be liberally applied, even though I was only in the direct sun for 25 minutes or so.

I will continue to run the minimums this week and let the calf fully recover before I race again.

Thanks again for all your encouragement and kind words.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment