Sunday 14 July 2013

Day 365 by Sallycinn at Garmin Connect - Details

My last day on the challenge was last Tuesday!  I'm working at a school in Bromsgrove at the moment and their firewall is unbelievable and couldn't update blog as it was blocked.

So, here it is - my last day.  I have enjoyed every minute of the challenge.  It has taken me across the Pyrenees, along icy roads, through the snow of the 2012/2013 winter, along various beaches including Portugal and Dorset, along the coastline of Scotland during the Edinburgh marathon and around the Coliseum in Rome.

I ran 878 miles (but nearer 900 as some weren't recorded), in 190 hours, up 52,000 ft (love that stat.) and burned 110,000 calories. 

I am very proud of myself.  I didn't think I would be able to do it but I did!  The biggest thing this challenge has done for me is reignite my love for running.  It doesn't matter how fast or far you go, just getting out there, even if it's just a mile makes everything feel better.  Have never felt happier.

I've also made some great friends along the way and am grateful for your support and encouragement and look forward to running with you again.  Charles, Nicky, Pete and Kev  and Rob - you're all awesome and so is everyone doing this challenge. :)

So, this pic is me waving goodbye to the challenge but I intend on keeping the running going.  Have New Forest with Nicky in Sept and the Moors half with Pete and a few others along the way up to Christmas!  Can't wait.
Bye for now! xx

Day 365 by Sallycinn at Garmin Connect - Details

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sally. It's been a real pleasure reading your blogs over the year. Hope to meet you again soon and maybe do a wee marathon together.

    It was also great to meet your mum and dad in Edinburgh. Say hi to them for me and Michelle.

    Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Sally you should be so proud of your achievement and the destinations this challenge have taken you sound amazing. Its been a real pleasure to get to know you through you post and finally meeting you face to face. I look forward to catching up soon. I have a big event planned for my last day of the challenge and would love to have as many previous champions involved as possible.

    Take care

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh sounds intriguing Kev - will try to be there :).

    Thanks Charles - we'll stay in touch for sure x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll need to keep us posted Kev so we can make arrangements :)

    ReplyDelete