Friday 5 July 2013

185/365 Something has gone wrong 5K by Big Kev

185/365 Something has gone wrong 5K by Big Kev

Following a great day at work in Gloucester and in between attending a retirement dinner for a client I set off to complete my daily minimum. There have been no aches or pains before today of any real note, so as I was about a mile into the run and using a trail route through the farmland to the back of the office, I feel a twinge in my right calf, I don't paying too much attention to it and put it down to the rough terrain. I therefore carry on through the scrub and continued to climb into the woods. At the halfway point it was the calf is now aching but not overly annoying, so I about turn and follow the same route back to the office. On the descent the ache turns into increasing pain and then the pain turns into stabbing pain. I finish the run, but know realise I have done some damage!

I don't have much time to pay attention to it though as I need to be elsewhere to collect Jody for this evenings event. The event is a wonderful distraction and the pain has reduce to a dull ache again, so I ignore it until I stand at the end of dinner. Then the stabbing pain is back, darn it (or words to that effect) are uttered under my breath!

The drive home is in silence bar the phone call home to Tina, as I contemplate the day and the method of recovery I need to put into place before I run tomorrow.......

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment