Monday 22 July 2013

203/365 Getting better 5K by Big Kev

203/365 Getting better 5K by Big Kev

Tonights run followed the usual busy day at work on a Monday. However I also went for my HSE scuba diving medical at lunchtime which gave me a chance to talk through the calf issues with my doctor. The upshot is that I have actually done two things, I have tweaked my achilles at the top where it joins the calf and strained one of the calf muscles. After a bit of treatment this afternoon I headed out and whilst it was sore, it is defiantly better than it was yesterday and more importantly the day before. So with help from the Doc, running repairs from Jess and refuelling by Tina I completed tonights run with a big sigh of relief.

The loop around the woods was though very hot and humid as the temperature gauge read 29 degrees when I headed out. All this heat training will at least give me a head start when we head out to Gozo in a few weeks.

The Facebook community page went live on Sunday and I have been astounded by the response, so thank you all for your kind comments and for liking the site. The page has been set up to keep everyone updated and allow us to create an event at the end of the year. So please feel free to share it far and wide.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

www.facebook.com/bigkevsrun365challenge

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment