Monday 1 July 2013

182/365 Halfway on the challenge, whoop whoop! 3.5 miles by Big Kev

182/365 Halfway on the challenge, whoop whoop! 3.5 miles by Big Kev

Today I reached a very major milestone in the challenge. I have been running consecutively for 6 Months and therefore I am halfway through. I had struggled to understand how this challenge was ever going to be completed and along the way I have seen good people fall by the wayside and I also understand that halfway is only halfway. I have been inspired though by the others on this challenge, many of whom are now reaching the conclusion to all their efforts. Their updates and stories have kept me motivated and knowing how competitive I am has kept me focused, as if they can do it then so can I.

I will update you all with the full stats for June tomorrow, but today is about reflection. To date I have covered 833 miles at an average of 7:40 minutes per mile, which considering all the slower training and trail running miles, blows my mind. My quickest mile to date is 5:20 and I have broken my 5K and 10K PB's many times. I have run in the Sunshine, rain, hail, sleet and snow. I have fallen over 3 times (including one full commando roll) and yet remained mainly injury free. I have said goodbye to loved ones and celebrated major landmarks. I have noted another birthday on the calendar and yet all the time I seem to be getting fitter and faster. I can't seem to consume enough calories and yet there is always just enough energy to finish the run. I have been joined my many friends and family whilst out running and look forward to all the new friends I will meet in the second half.

Behind all of the I, in I have seen, or I have done are the people who have kept me motivated. They know who they are and I wouldn't want to name them all for fear of missing anyone off, but it would be fair to say that beyond the closest of family to who I am beholden for all their effort. There are the friends and colleagues who wish me well and wave me on, or even cheer whilst I am racing and reaching my limits. I really do appreciate it and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. We are all doing a good thing with this and we are making a difference in people lives when it is difficult for them to see anything good. Here is to the second have of the challenge, bring it on!

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev


No comments:

Post a Comment