Friday 19 July 2013

200/365 Another big milestone and and a 10K race by Big Kev

200/365 Another big milestone and and a 10K race by Big Kev

Another lovely evening for lazing about, enjoying the evening sun, maybe even a drink or two, or! Why not push yourself to the limits in stifling heat with other overly competitive adults all squeezed into a narrow corridor along the river Avon towpath. That's right its the GWR 10K mob match, for me though I would say all of the heat training is paying off, as I didn't look half as bad as some of the people that crossed the line tonight.

I was in two minds as to whether to run or not tonight, sorry to mention it again, but this darn calf strain just won't go away. Might have something to do with running every day I guess? However as it is the big 200 I did feel it should at least be make/registered in some way.

Will Hiller helped me massively tonight as for the first half of the race we kept our competitive spirt under control however the inner five year old in me escaped on the homeward 5K. That meant that every time I passed someone in front of me another target appeared, the only trouble being that this person was running faster than the previous, by the very nature that they were in front of me and in front of the person I had just passed. As the pain had plateaued, I figured that as long as it gets no worse I could just maintain it. In the end I ran a negative 5K split (faster than the first 5 K) and all things considered came inside of 45 minutes. Post the race though the legs has been iced, massaged and strapped, so all that is left is rest and sleep. Not to much though as I have a special job at Parkrun tomorrow. 165 to go!

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting to 200 - massive milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would know! how the rest? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massive milestone. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest is going too well!! But still running. :)

    ReplyDelete