Tuesday 16 July 2013

197/365 8 Miles with Southville RC by Big Kev

197/365 8 Miles with Southville RC by Big Kev

Tonight's run was a real pleasure, I had teamed up with Southville Running Club to run along the towpath tonight as on many occasions I have been running in the opposite direction when one of their groups come past. It therefore made sense to run in the same direction and at least have the camaraderie of running in a friendly group. The evening started well, as I made it on time for the start and almost got into the clubs team photo (thought better of it though, due to my other affiliation). I meet and chatted to some lovely people whilst running tonight, Emma, Kevin and Paul to name put a few. While my understanding of the planned route was and out and back along the towpath, an impromptu detour took us up into Leigh woods and along the paths, finally reaching the top of Knightingale valley. Normally I run up Knightingale valley, so going down it was a real change, if a little scary, as the speed picked up rapidly. Once back on the towpath we fragmented a bit due to speed constraints (mostly mine) and then headed for home. All in all a great evenings run. I look forward to my next visit (assuming they will have me).

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment