Saturday 27 July 2013

208/365 Up and out before the rain 5K by Big Kev

208/365 Up and out before the rain 5K by Big Kev

As you will gather from today's title, the timing of the run today was being dictated by the impending weather pattern. I had intended to run as late in the day as possible to give me the maximum amount of recovery time. However, with the forecast for rain and even torrential rain, I adapted the plan and just went for it.

I took it steady on route especially following yesterday's very long day, so I am pleased to report a further improvement in the running form even with the shortened rest period. This all bodes well, as in a matter of days I will not only be running every day, but also scuba diving. It seems that in a blink of an eye my trip to Gozo is upon me and once again it is time to pack up the kit and move to the warm clear seas surrounding the island of Gozo.

I have a group of eleven to look after for the week, with six open water students looking to complete their training, in addition to one advanced open water student very keen on the adventure.

I have been reliably informed by our good friends on the island that temperatures are in the mid thirties and this look set for the coming two weeks. Bring on the sunshine.

At least there has been one benefit from our recent warm spell, I have been able to get (albeit only a little) accustomed to running in the heat and it shouldn't therefore be a complete shock to the system, unlike last year!

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment