Saturday 6 July 2013

187/365 Thank you for all the support 5K by Big Kev

187/365 Thank you for all the support 5K by Big Kev

I really do need to thank everyone for their support over the last couple of days, as it has kept me going. The body has had a rough week, culminating in a pulled calf on Thursday. This meant that Friday's run was in equal measures, painful and slow. A lot of people though came to my aid and following some excellent advice and remedies from Jamie Richards and a fantastic gift from the Oughton's today runs was made possible.

With Katie working the late shift tonight it gave me an excellent excuse to leave home and run down to the pub. My logic here, apart from running down hill for the majority of the 5K, was that if I was in need of medical assistance at the end of the run, Mr Thatchers or Mr Guinness could help me drown my sorrows and aid any recovery.

Fortunately for me no such assistance was needed and whilst the run was still slow, the painful element has been reduced. I now have even more respect for those who have already completed challenges such as this, as sometimes no matter what precautions you take things just go wrong. For the next few runs I am going to adopt the mind over matter approach, It doesn't matter how much this challenge is going to hurt as I just don't mind anymore, I will get this done!

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment