Wednesday 10 July 2013

190/365 At the end of the day 5K by Big Kev

190/365 At the end of the day 5K by Big Kev

A day full of events at work has lead me to get home around 7:00pm, so I headed straight out before consuming an excellent home made lasagne (got to keep the calorie count up). The temperature hadn't really dropped all day, but the wind had, so the run was stifling. I am still carrying the right calf and when every I move the foot strike forward from the heel to the mid or forefoot the pain returns. I am therefore begrudgingly going to have to live with this and readjust any racing goals for the next few weeks. I am doing/taking all of the right precautions and post care at every run, so as of today unless the leg falls off I am not going to discuss it again. We are back to mind over matter, I don't mind the pain therefore the pain doesn't matter!

I changed the planned route today as well, so instead of heading out and back to the gatehouse at the top of Ashton Court I doubled back and entered Leigh woods and then followed the trails home. Wow, there are a lot of bikes out at that time of night and some of them have no spacial awareness what so ever, something that I would have thought was a prerequisite for riding the trails!

Tomorrows another big day in work ,so I might need to miss the club run, lets see.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment