Wednesday 3 July 2013

184/365 A nice surprise on the club 6 miles by Big Kev

184/365 A nice surprise on the club 6 miles by Big Kev

After an early run on Tuesday, tonights club run has meant the legs, mind and soul have had a few extra hours to recover. As a consequence I set off like a shot tonight with lots on my mind, all good thought, just lots of it. The first few miles flew by and I was even passing the 8 and 10 mile group, so at the observatory stop I made a mental note to slow down. Fortunately I had Richard along for some company and it was easy to slow down and chat about something and nothing all at the same time.

So on the way home just after the observatory stop, it was lovely to see Jamie Richards walking in the opposite direction. As I hadn't seen him since his epic 100km London to Brighton run it deserved an extra stop for a catch up, what a nice surprise.

After a good chat and agreeing a lunch time meeting is in order, I am back on my way and feeling good. Once back at the club I am once again humbled by all the congratulations on reaching halfway and I thank you all, I am now feeling much better following Saturday's lows and I am looking forward to Friday's Towpath race.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment