Thursday 18 July 2013

198/365 A steady 6 miles with GWR by Big Kev

198/365 A steady 6 miles with GWR by Big Kev

Today has all been about forward planning and to help me with this I met with Kaeti Morrison from Macmillan. With the days ticking over nicely and my focus moving onto the ultimate prize of completing a whole year, rather than just focusing on the here and now. We are therefore starting to plan the big event for my final day.

I can't give to many secrets away at present as I do need to contact the relevant authorities involved first to make sure what I would like to do, can in fact actually be achieved. That said, for those that do know what I am up to please keep it quite for now.

The run tonight was an opportunity to catch up with friends and chat away, as the heat is still a factor in picking the speed I feel comfortable to run at. Who would have thought we would need to take into account the heat whilst running in the UK, crazy times!

The summer 6 mile (ish) route is spectacular, with landmark after landmark and this evening we were treated to a small precursor of the annual Hot air Balloon festival as there were at least 10 or so Hot air Balloons in flight above our heads as we reached Ashton Court.

All to soon we were on the turn and heading for home, and our thoughts turn to food and drink. I was also introduced another new member Kitty, who was very kind in her encouragement of the task completed and the journey ahead. Finally talk turns to our Mob match on Friday and inevitably the heat. I think I will reserve the right to change my mind on running it dependant on the conditions.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment