Saturday 29 June 2013

Jack: Day 366/365...They think its all over.

What do you do if you don't run?

This morning was due to be my first day off after completing the challenge. It was a surprise then to find myself waking up before my alarm at 5:45am with a strong desire to run. I decided to go with it and so found myself, a little surprised - but smiling nonetheless, jogging my standard 5km morning loop towards Giffnock and back before work. My work colleagues were shocked by this decision as I had been looking forward to having a day without running for quite a while! I think deep down though I always knew that I would run on day 366. I was a little concerned at the start of the challenge that I would lose my passion for running by the end of it - running every single day would surely remove some of the enjoyment? I found myself however enjoying it even more as the challenge came to a close (although I won't deny that there was a period after about 200 days when things were pretty grim!). Whether this could be attributed to finally running in the sun as summer arrived, or to my improved fitness as I became more conditioned, I have definitely emerged from the challenge an even more enthusiastic runner than I had been previously. I will continue to run (although not every day) and I am sure I will continue to enjoy it. 

Now I need to focus on moving on and finding my next challenge.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment