Thursday 6 June 2013

157/365 An early start. 5K by Big Kev

157/365 An early start. 5K by Big Kev

An early start and some trepidation this morning. I pressed the power button on my Garmin with fingers crossed. The good news is that it is now fully charged and with no ill effects to the memory. The watch must have been turned on whilst in my bag and it had just released its charge throughout the day un-noticed. So once again thanks to Paul for the use of his watch last night. The run itself was nice and simple and completed with no real fuss today, a simple in, around and back out of Leigh Woods, as a lot needs to be accomplished today.

With the Welsh Castle in my mind and a very busy day, with a late finished planned and early start and early run had to be completed. Jess had her final A1 exam this morning and Katie had her penultimate exam in the first year of her English Literature degree at Kent Uni. So all day my thoughts have been turning to their progress and their state of mind. I am happy to report, they are happy, which in turn makes Tina and I happy. Safe to say its been a happy day.

With the business day just about finished I have now had chance to blog and start to prepare for the weekend of running. The clubs participation in the Welsh Castle relay is about to being and tomorrow we will make our way to Caernarfon in North Wales. For my part I have not only been given a mountain leg, but also the responsibility of driving one of the Minibuses. Many a comment was passed last night at the club along the lines of "they gave you a minibus!". This surprise and astonishment has nothing to do with my ability to drive the bus, but more to do with the mischief that could be caused by the act. Well, to put things straight (plus the chairman reads this blog) I intend to up hold all of the traditions of fair play and sportsmanship that the club hold dear, promise.

Let's see what the pictures and the blog holds over the next few days and then you can decide.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment