Thursday 27 June 2013

177/365 A nonstop 8 mile club run, vroom! by Big Kev

177/365 A nonstop 8 mile club run, vroom! by Big Kev

I hadn't planned such a quick run considering the proximity to the relay on Saturday, however after some banter at the club and an agreed 8 miles set we headed out into the evening sun. Without knowing it I found myself towards the back of the group happily chatting away. Then at the observatory I noted that Marcus and Dave had carried on, so I trotted on hoping to catch up and continue the banter regarding Dave's new shoes. Well it took 3 miles and a lot of work to catch up and by the time I did chatting was the last thing on my mind. Eventually we were on the turn for home and Marcus was on a mission, so Dave and I let him go while various bits of grass where removed from the new shoes. Only seconds passed and we were on our way again and we felt no need to stop on the way back.

All so soon we are back at the club and the terrain and time have been tamed for another evening. All that is left is to consume some food and beverage and the evening is done. Good work GWR another day completed on the run365challenge.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment