Friday 28 June 2013

179/365 A run interrupted by the fire brigade by Big Kev

179/365 A run interrupted by the fire brigade by Big Kev

It was again all go this morning with a few work things to catch up on before my daily run. When I got out on the road/trail I headed down Leigh Court drive way to be confronted by the fire brigade staring up at the trees. I ran by and didn't think to much about it and made my way in to Leigh Woods. On my return leg it becomes apparent that matters have escalated quickly, as when I reach the top of the climb leading back onto the driveway the fire brigade now have the extendable ladder reaching into the trees with a tree surgeon in the basket helping to make a path into a large oak tree. I am allowed by and I notice a very anxious looking resident looking up into the tree, therefore it doesn't take Colombo to work out that a family pet is obviously settled in the tree tops.

I only had a few hundred yards to go, so I don't stay around to find out the conclusion of the search, I hope there was a successful recovery.

Oh the things I have seen on the challenge! Bring on the Cotswold relay tomorrow.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment