Thursday 13 June 2013

Jack: Day 348-358/365...Getting close!

After an easy Sunday 5k I decided to have another crack at running to school. Monday I did this journey and it felt tough. It was hard to motivate myself for some reason and felt sluggish. I guess the year of running is finally catching up with me! After this effort my foot was once again feeling a little sore and so I toned it down a bit for the rest of the week. Most of these are minimum distance efforts although I did make the effort to run to and from CrossFit on Sunday and also on Tuesday. This meant that on each of these days my distance came in at just under 10 kilometres.

On Thursday (Day 358) I decided to run into school. The plan was for a cheeky 6 miler to the school and then home again later in the day. Disaster struck however when I reached 3.5km and felt a twinge in my knee. I realised that I did not have time to turn back and that, if I were to slow to walk, I would be late for work, I had no option but to continue jogging. I managed to find a few minutes to walk at various intervals and I dropped my pace a little but just about made it to work in the end. I changed my plan to jog home and rather took a lift from Hilary. I will be taking it fairly easy over the next couple of days and just hope that my 10k race on Sunday goes to plan...

348.1 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
348.2 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
349 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
350 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
351 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
352 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
353.1 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
353.2 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
354.1 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
354.2 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
355 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
356.1 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
356.2 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
357 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
358 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment