Wednesday 19 June 2013

Day 365/365 Its Done by robgundry at Garmin Connect - Details



Day 365/365 Its Done by robgundry at Garmin Connect - Details

The last mile Done

I'd been a little quiet and nervous about this all day (seems silly really) but I had come this far and I didn't want to miss the last run of the challenge as all the hard work would have meant nothing.

I ran the mile as fast as I could hoping for one final PB and I think I did it in 6:07.7 so as far as I can tell from all the garmin info thats a new PB..

I'd like to thank all my family and friends who have shown support and help over the year but most of all I'd like to thank my lovely girlfriend Laura who helped me so much with the runs during the winter when it was cold and shitty. Thank you so so much you are a star.

I completed 1,102.96 miles, 2 marathons, 2 Half marathons, 8 5km, 6 10km races and alot of training runs on road and off road.

Most of all I learned that despite my ICD shocking me and been taken away from a race by ambulance I AM UNSTOPPABLE....

Till we meet again thankyou and goodbye....PEACE


 


7 comments:

  1. Wow rob. Big congrats. A real inspiration to lots of people. Enjoy the rest. What's the next challenge? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks
      The next one is the Langport Triathlon in September. I'm goin to keep up the runs but nt everyday

      Delete
  2. Huge congratulations Rob!! A huge inspiration to all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoop whoop! Well done - !!! nx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Rob, congrats and hope to see you at club sometime, celebration drink !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work Rob and a true inspiration, lets hope this is just the start of the journey and the running just keeps on coming. Good luck for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic effort Rob. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete