Sunday 16 June 2013

167/365 A very changeable day 4.5 miles by Big Kev

167/365 A very changeable day 4.5 miles by Big Kev

Even on Fathers days the running continues and errands needed to be completed. Today's plan was one that constantly evolved, not because of anything we were particularly doing but more because of the external factors effecting everything else. The breakfast with the girls was a great start and was meant to fuel me for a late morning run across the old Severn Bridge, after we dropped Katie into work as I needed to pick up the scuba school regs from Wales after they had been serviced. The dropping off went well, but from there on in everything had to be adapted on the hoof. The simple task of going from Long Ashton to Avonmouth and onto the motorway turned into a real mission. Upon crossing the Cumberland basin we can see and realise that its Bristol's Big Bike Ride and the Portway is shut, compound this with every other car being diverted and Bristol is grinding to a slow halt. Wind the journey on 45 minutes and only 6 miles further and we finally reach the Motorway via Cribbs Causeway and we are heading down the M4 towards Chepstow, only to find out that the old Severn Bridge is Shut!!! Keep calm and carry on, another 45 minutes later and we finally pull in to the NDAC in Chepstow only to find out that one set of regs isn't quite ready, guess who's, you don't have to it's my set!

Tina GMTFO, not only are my regs not ready, I can I not run across the bridge and we have to drive along the diversions to get home. Lets just stop off on the way home and I will run home from where ever we stop. Right that's it I am at least running home from from Costco, I have a rough idea how far it is but I really don't care. I put my jacket on and just went for it, rain, wind, I just don't care. I do believe this is another rule #6 day.

However, once home normality is returned and the afternoon is fantastic, as is the evening now Katie is back home and dinner is being made. Thanks for a lovely day girls even with the distractions.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment