Thursday 6 June 2013

156/365 Garmin disasters!!!! by Big Kev

156/365 Garmin disasters!!!! by Big Kev

My heart sank as I walked into the club tonight, I had just met Paul and was walking up the driveway and as we chatted I turned on my Garmin, or should I say I tried to turn on my Garmin! The watch had been full charged last night and had spent all day in my bag at work, ready to go straight to running. Somewhere between home, work and the club the watch had stopped responding for any more than half a second, no matter how we tried to reset it, it would not work. This left me at the club with 10 minutes to spare before the groups were set off on their runs. What to do??????

Well I must thank a lot of people for offering me their watches to use and most of all to Paul who leant me his as he has exactly the same model as I have.  With all the distractions that this caused I didn't pay too much attention to the club notices and before I realised it fully we were on our way. In the end it was a lovely run (even though it turned out I was very hungry) in the evening warmth and with the buzz of the Welsh Castles relay to keep us occupied the time and distance flew by.

I already can't wait for the weekend but I still have a few runs to get through yet!

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment