Wednesday 12 June 2013

163/365 Summer 8 in the rain at GWR by Big Kev

163/365 Summer 8 in the rain at GWR by Big Kev

A relatively quiet group run this evening but with the main protagonist in attendance the conversation was as lively as ever. Credit was being given where credit was due and mainly to the organisation and running of the Welsh Castles relay, but that was so last weekend, what activities do we now need to focus on. Someone said to me a long time ago, 'you are only as good as your last race', I therefore didn't join that club and went for the GWR ethos of everyone is welcome. That approach means that whilst we like to compete, its not at all costs and the 'race' is a social and supportive event. The next social event, I mean race is Friday and the second 10K of our Towpath series. Whilst I am looking to run hard and see what happens I am also looking to catch up with more friends afterwards and this may even involve a beer!

Beyond Friday our thoughts then turn to the Cotswold Relay and our respective legs (relay and physical) and how logistical, physically and mentally we need to prepare. I feel another excuse for a social coming on, just to make sure we get it all right on the day of the race, I think the technical term is reece.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment