Thursday 20 June 2013

Nicky: Day 309 TinTin 10k race

Nicky: Day 309 TinTin 10k x-country race by Nicky.C at Garmin Connect - Details

Very warm muggy evening for this 10k x-country race! Around 130 runners turned out including several seniors & juniors from our Langport Runners.
I struggled right from the off! Couldnt get my breathing sorted & struggled for breath for the whole race. Think because I was uptight about this I had awful pain behind my collar bones too - probably because I was so tense! Hated every minute of the race & was so tired after 5km that I nearly walked. However, that isnt me, so I ploughed on and finished in 52:23 - 4 and a half minutes quicker than last year. Not quite sure how as I enjoyed last years race! Averaged about 8 and a half minute miles.  I think I came third in my age category - woman who came second I usually beat so a bit gutted but not surprising seeing I struggled so much!!!

1 comment: