Saturday 20 April 2013

Jack:Day 299-303/365...S'Cool Runnings!


This week I have tried something new...running to work. It is slightly over 6 miles from my flat to the school and, with a fully loaded bag, is taking me about 40 minutes to jog in. The advantages of this are plenty:
1) It saves me £20 a week on train fares
2) It get my daily run out of the way
3) It's increasing my mileage (marathon prep!)
4) It is quicker for me to run than it is for me to take the train.

And a real bonus...
5) The shower at work as much better than the one at home!

These runs have all been at a fairly steady pace and are occasionally interrupted by crossing roads etc but generally they have been good. I just did a standard 5km run on Wednesday and avoided running to school as I was tutoring straight after work and so needed the car. This also gave me the opportunity to take some clean and ironed shirts in for later in the week! Bonus. I am very fortunate that my little brother gave me his old day-sack as it is ideal for this malarkey! It is nice and secure on my back, holds all of my work stuff and even has a handy waterproof cover built in! Winner!

AND I have passed the 300 mark! This is Sparta...


No comments:

Post a Comment