Monday 22 April 2013

112/365 Lunchtime (ish) 5K around Clevedon and along the front by Big Kev

112/365 Lunchtime (ish) 5K around Clevedon and along the front by Big Kev

A sneaky lunchtime run today, as being a Monday there is always lots to do. Today though offered up the opportunity to get out as I had to preform some dad taxi duties over the lunchtime. Katie had an appointment in Clevedon, so I best used my down time for forward propulsion of the running kind. A start from Clevedon High street lead me to the promenade and finally to the pier and all to soon the halfway point was reached. An about turn and the same route covered supplied me with another 5K for the register.

With all of the happiness of yesterday's London Marathon I am reminded of the pleasure this simple task of forward propulsion provides for those taking part and for those supporting.

I do hope the ballot is kind next year as I would very much like to take part again. It's great how the human body and mind can forget so quickly, the pain and suffering it endures in training and taking part in a marathon. So my kind thoughts and good wishes go out to all who are, have and are contemplating their own marathon.

Bring on tomorrow run.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment