Thursday 11 April 2013

Jack: Day 295/365...A Beast.

Today I set myself the challenge of a 20 mile training run. I have just over 6 weeks to Edinburgh and, mainly as a confidence boost, I wanted to complete a long, fast run. I set out with the intention of maintaining a 6:52 split (3 hr marathon pace) and succesfully held this for the duration. I ended up finishing the run about a minute ahead of schedule which was nice however the run was hard. I felt ok in the lungs but my legs were aching by about half way. From the moment I set off my calves were tight (although this may have been from the 12 mile run I completed 2 days ago!) and I was worried about lasting the distance. I kept with it however and managed to finish strong.
Overall I feel positive about today's run. I achieved what I set out to do - but it was bloody difficult! Hopefully with the benefit of another months training, as well as some proper 'race-prep', I will be ready to maintain that speed for a further 6 miles when Edinburgh comes along! We shall soon see!
Distance: 20miles
Time: 2hrs 16mins

295 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment