Saturday 27 April 2013

117/365 Park Run's 2nd Birthday by Big Kev

117/365 Park Run's 2nd Birthday by Big Kev

Happy 2nd Birthday Ashton Court Park run. This morning run was somewhat of a surprise as even though I had mentally prepared for an early start this morning, the large amount of alcohol consumed last night put pay to any wake up alarms being set. So to my surprise I awoke in time to get up, hold my head, get dressed, hold my head some more and agree not to have breakfast for fear of repercussions on the run. However, even feeling a little fragile I was still able to get there in time to find a parking space outside of the car park and have time to warm up sufficiently. Sufficiently enough to understand that the headache wasn't going to go away and that it was a lot colder than anticipated. 

So consider my surprise following the excellent announcements and prize giving before the run, that when called to the start line I find myself towards the front, what kind of autopilot is this? Worry not, when the whistle goes the hordes stream past me, ah time to relax. The hill then beckons and approaches in all its glory, only to find that the hordes seem to be going backwards, as surely I can't be catching them? As we reach the highest point of the course I conclude that all those runners in front of me at the start must have got lost, as I can't see as many of them in front of me any more, what is going on? Don't worry its the downhill section now they will come flooding past. Again I must be mistaken as I seem to be passing runners on by one and before I know it the finish is in sight, what's this another sub 20 min run, no it can't be I must have stopped the Garmin somewhere along the way. No it is correct and the volunteer on the race numbers has just given me position number 11, Caple you crazy man!

The time has to be validated, but according to my Garmin I have again, not only gone under 20 minutes, but 19:30, I think I may need to keep this training schedule up as its paying dividends!!!

Bring on the Father-in-laws retirement celebration this evening, by the time this is finished I should be in world record breaking form for tomorrow mornings run (well maybe the afternoon).

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment