Thursday 11 April 2013

101/365 In memory of Anne Shayler by Big Kev

101/365 In memory of Anne Shayler by Big Kev

This mornings 5k run was one for contemplation. My lovely Aunt Anne Shayler passed away just over a week ago and today was her funeral and the celebration of her life. Family and friends joined together today to say goodbye and share stories of her life. Wherever she is now I am sure she is sharing the same stories with her husband Mike and that she is finally settled.

Her boys, Daren, Simon and Del have all held themselves well today and they should be proud of the way in which the events of today have unfolded and of all the kind words around them.

The run therefore was in her memory and the woods, the trails and the birds were especially poignant this morning as my running is to help people and families just like my own and also many others.

So perhaps you can now see where some of my motivation comes from and why I am so passionate about the challenge and Macmillan's work.

Rest in Peace Anne. x

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment