Sunday 21 April 2013

Jack: Day 305/365...Long Run listening to London.

Today was the day of the Virgin London Marathon 2013. An incredible day every year and, once again, I was gutted to not be there. Instead I set my alarm for 6 am and woke up to fuel a nice long steady run in preparation for my own marathon in five weeks time. Today was a chance to test out a few things before race day. Breakfast was the standard porridge with banana with a 'Boost' and a handful of jelly babies on the side. I carried a Lucozade sport with me on the run along with a few High-5 EnergyGels in order to test these before they are dished out at the race. I set out with the intention of running for 3hours at a nice slow pace. I managed to do this and the supplements were all effective. I had no real problems and enjoyed a nice run listening to the coverage of the London Marathon. In the end I covered just short of 23 miles and felt very comfortable. The afternoon is to be spent enjoying Vicki's free Spa passes which will be much appreciated after this morning's effort! Very nice!

305 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment