Sunday 14 April 2013

Charles: Day 104/365 - Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon

I had a 13 mile training run this weekend so decided to do the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in Edinburgh. Having already run 44.5 miles this week, I knew this was going to be a tough run and it didn't disappoint. I think they must've found every damn hill in Edinburgh and combined with the strong winds and rain it was certainly tough. All in all I think I did not too bad for an 18 stone 45 year old :)

The run was good (but tough) but the organisation at the finish line was absolutely diabolical for an event that cost almost £40. The queues for the goody bags and t-shirts were absolutely enormous with thousands of people waiting to collect them so I couldn't be bothered hanging around. Normally everything is given out on the finish lines but no these idiots made everybody queue in the freezing winds and rain. Complaint going on website!!!

Run details - Day 104/365 challenge

Nice medal though:

No comments:

Post a Comment