Wednesday 28 March 2012

Charles: Day 144/365 - The bladder goes splish splish

Another knackered run at lunchtime in the unseasonably hot March weather. I think half of me melted away into the pavement because I was sweating buckets loads so a short slow 5k was in order.

Because I thought my lunchtime run was so rubbish, I decided to do a second 5k tonight and I used my OMM hydration pack for the first time to try and get used to it and I'm better starting of with short runs. The pack fits quite nicely but there's a few straps and buckles that are a nuisance so I'm going to try and re-route and tape them up. The water in the bladder goes splish splish gurgle gurgle with each step and is quite annoying but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Its just the water splashing around and there's no bounce of the backpack itself. The water mouth piece has a bite down end and the water tasted of a horrible rubber so I'll need to try and get rid of the taste before my Highland Fling race at the end of April.

The details of run 1 can be found at Day 144/365 challenge - Part 1
The details of run 2 can be found at Day 144/365 challenge - Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment