Sunday 25 March 2012

Benjours 74-77 - foot knackered

well, it turns out the extensor retinaculum in your foot is quite important and mine in particular is now protesting most strongly about being overused. These last 14 days it's been getting progressively worse/inflamed so much so that I'm now running with a limp and have real difficulty pursuading my tendons to even muster half an attempt to raise my toes for each step (I'm sorry for laughing at you Marg when I saw you running with sciatica on the beach in Ft Lauderdale! :-)
Nothing I'm doing is making it better (non-steroidals/stretching/RICE) and these last few days it's just been silly.. I can do pain, but this is now bordering on a physical disability that I don't have conscious control over ie I cannot physically lift my toes properly and so I've decided that I simply have to cut my minimum mileage down for a couple of weeks in the hope this improves.

So I'm doing a mile a day and seeing what happens, on the promise that when it's resolved I'll pick up the missing miles. Desperate times colleagues, but I'm not considering the alternative..
Ben Day 74 - Garmin
Ben Day 75 -Garmin
Ben Day 76 - Garmin
Ben Day 77 - Garmin



2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain Ben!

    Keep plodding on and you'll get through it. I did

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Ben. Your worst time is still better than some of my best. It is a good idea not to push it for a while and I am sure you will come good. .....even if we end up swapping contact details for orthopedic surgeons in our old age.

    ReplyDelete