Sunday 25 March 2012

Charles: Day 141/365 - My Birthday Run at Sports Relief 6 Mile for Team Scotland

Early 5.45am start (really 4.45am start cos we changed the clocks to British Summer Time) to the day to get to Royal Mile in Edinburgh for the start of the Sports Relief 6 mile race for charity. Race went exceptionally well and I did the 6 miles in 49mins 49.79secs so I'm mega chuffed because just 5 weeks ago I could barely walk, let alone run, with my dodgy hip. The course was really boring with doing 5 loops of the same circuit but we had 6 massive hill climbs to do during the course so I could've run faster if it wasn't for all the damn hills :)


Someone said I was trouble so they put a sign up for me lol

It's also my birthday today and this is the card I got!! Cheeky monkees!!

My new Saucony Hurricane 14 trainers to compliment my almost knackered Hurricane 12's. Ultra light weight and very supportive. Superb trainers and highly recommended.


The details of my run can be found at Day 141/365 challenge

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Charles!! Looks like you had a great day. I like your medal and so good to hear your are definitely on the mend.

    ReplyDelete