Thursday 1 March 2012

Charles: Day 117/365 - Crazy Weather!

Another easy lunch time run today at work and the weather felt like a summers day and it's only the 1st March. The temperature was very mild, muggy and there was no wind. I can't work out the weather patterns because last year we were freezing our butts off with frost and snow everywhere. I'm guessing that we are being looked after by our guardian angels this year to help us get running outdoors and complete the challenge in a relatively mild winter either that or the end of the world is nigh :)

I volunteered my services some time ago to run a leg of the HOKA Highland Fling (along West Highland Way). The 53 miles from Milngavie to Tyndrum is split into 4 legs of varying distances and has to be completed in under 12 hours!! I've now been asked if I want to take part in the event but I'm not sure if I can (or should) because I might struggle to get fit enough in time with the dodgy hip. I'll ask the physio tomorrow for her advice :)

The details of my run can be found at Day 117/365 challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment