Saturday 30 November 2013

334/365 Parkrun and flyers 5K by Big Kev

334/365 Parkrun and flyers 5K by Big Kev

What a fantastic welcome this morning from the parkrun family. Prior to the race Geoff gave me and the New Years Eve event a shout out and the response was almost overwhelming.

The run formed its predictable pattern that I experience week in and week. I watch all the new participants race off at the start full of adrenaline and ambition and then upon reaching the incline/hill/sheer face grind to an almost faltering walk. This is the point at which the more experienced Ashton Court groupies steadily trudge on by. Today's run can also be described as bracing. With the sun low on the horizon and the temperature not much above 5 degrees the lungs sting from the over expansion on the way up the hill. Then at the turn there are a few beautiful steps of respite without the burning in the chest, this is just enough time to bring back a modicum of control. All to soon though the downhill pace increases and the lungs burn again but for a different reason. The finish line now beacons and I encourage all around me to push on and reach their goals.

My goal is now firmly focused on December the 31st at Ashton Court and at 1:00 pm where I will be completing my last 5K and everyone is welcome. It would be nice if everyone could provide a £5 for 5K donation, but I won't stop anyone providing more!

The flyers, flew out today and the response has been astounding I look forward to everyone joining me  to celebrate on either a 5K run or 1 mile walk and for as quick, or as long as it takes.

I have been told by several people I have meet on the challenge this year that this little run of mine has also inspired them to take up their own challenge. This in itself further inspires me to keep going and reminds me why all the cold nights, hot days, snowy mornings and rainy afternoons have been worth it.

I have just over one month left and the full support of all of those around me. So bring on December, I am almost in the home straight!

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

www.macmillan.org.uk

Big Kev


No comments:

Post a Comment