Saturday 2 November 2013

306/365 Ashton Court Parkrun 5K by Big Kev

306/365 Ashton Court Parkrun 5K by Big Kev

The morning after the night before. I am current sat blogging with the wind howling past the house and the rain battering the windows. This makes me very happy as it also appears that this weather is here to stay for the rest of the day. I made a massive effort to get up and out early this morning so that I would have the rest of the day available to work if needed. If I am going to run early on a Saturday it might as well be with the parkrun family. At this point I do need to apologise to Deb Peters as I know I said I wasn't going to parkrun last night, but in my defence I was talking a lot of rubbish last night.

Once at parkrun the welcome is always warming and its great to see so many friendly faces. It was nice to have Marcus back with us even if he was still functioning in a different time zone. I had no plans or intensions on setting a PB today and it was far more about getting around safely. Well that exactly what was accomplished. A very respectable time and the hamstring loosened, so all in all a good run.

It was also excellent to see the numbers swelled by the Southville running club (SRC) with their own monthly parkrun event. It seems that everyone enjoyed the hill as you all still had enough puff at the end to cheer everyone home. Well done.

Right, that's today and yesterdays blogs written and posted, so time to prioritise the rest of the day.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment