Monday 25 November 2013

329/365 A downhill jaunt 5K by Big Kev

329/365 A downhill jaunt 5K by Big Kev

The day has flashed by today, just like most Mondays do. For a change though I was working from home as I had a client appointment in Bristol and the rest of the team where in Gloucester. So I am indebted (as always) to Tina as not only did she arrive home, cook tea and encourage me to eat it, but she also made sure I got out and ran. There were some shopping errands that needed to be done, so Tina offered me the option of a downhill run and a lift home therefore allowing me an lot easier jaunt than usual.

Tina dropped me almost at the top of the hill in Abbots Leigh and then headed off to Sainsbury's in Ashton. My job was to then follow on behind at a steady pace as it is now mostly downhill. I took my head-torch as there are a couple of sections that are not lit and are potentially quite difficult to navigate. I have found this little torch from B&Q to be a genius addition to my winter running kit and has allowed me the freedom to run all most anywhere.

Now back at home and blogging I can say that it was a real pleasure to change the route and the effort involved. Almost all of my runs involve a a hill or lots of hills, it is a fact that Bristol is not flat so hill work is an every day event.

My effort though again pales into insignificance compared to plight and fight of others. Macmillan helps the whole family in their coping with cancer and I thank them for helping those very close to me in the tough times they have faced. Have a look at their great work for me please.

www.macmillan.org.uk

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment