Saturday 2 November 2013

305/365 Dinner on the run 5K by Big Kev

305/365 Dinner on the run 5K by Big Kev

It was an early start to the day as Jody and I were speaking at an event held at Gloucestershire College. The event itself went well, but it did take up most of what was already going to be a busy working day.  So by the time we returned to the office for the day job we were pushing hard to get it all in.

With a long standing dinner arrangement already made and the offer of a lift there and back, I had the opportunity to take on board a few drinks. For almost the first time this year I had completely forgotten to plan in a run. It wasn't until the late afternoon that I realised that I had neglected this and that the timeframes available as a consequence of this were very tight, very tight indeed. We have a particularly complicated case we are all working on in the office and it meant that we have individually picked an area to complete so that we can move it forward (a good team effort). So priorities dictated that this had to come first (rightfully so) and I was able to push our lift back a bit to allow me to get home against the traffic and still fit in the run. For note the traffic going northbound on the M5 was nose to tail for almost 30 miles, wow, thank goodness I was going southbound.

Once home the run was a simple out and back, but was covered at some pace, regardless of the tight hamstring. Autumn is most definitely here and yet the temperatures are varying wildly from one day to the next. I was absolutely boiling on my run and sweated profusely as a consequence. Something I am sure I paid the price for later.

Still the run was done, I was cleaned and showered and made it time for our lift. Dinner was fabulous and it was great to catch up with good friends. The head was a bit sore this morning and the lack of proper hydration made for a good hangover!

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment