Friday 15 November 2013

319/365 A early children in need day 3.5 miles by Big Kev

319/365 A early children in need day 3.5 miles by Big Kev

With a fun packed day ahead of me I headed out early this morning. It was quite an effort in the end as Jessica had offered last night (foolishly some might say) to massage my legs and feet. When she got to my achilles she found all sorts of lumps and bumps and worked through them slowly. The relief that was initially felt was repaid this morning by the lack of true mobility. Love you Jess.

However the conditions and terrain this morning deflected my attention from the aches, pains and slow progress as it was so beautiful. The final leaves of Autumn are now hanging on and the colours are even more vivid, but winter is coming.

Even with my slower than normal progress this morning there is something so satisfying about moving faster than rush hour traffic.

Things after that though really did start to move at pace, as I was due to be in our Gloucester office first thing. The plan was to be there for most of the day, well at least until I needed to get back to Bristol to pick Katie up from the train station. The plan was to pick her up at some time around 4pm and yet Katie seemed to make up her own train times and arrived in Bristol at 2:50pm. I really don't know how she does it, but I am sure that there is some batting of eyelids and smiling with a head tilt involved.

We are therefore now settled down for the evening and on a children in need day I am sure there will be some laughing and crying to come.

Bring on Park run in the morning.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment