Tuesday 5 November 2013

309/365 A lunchtime opportunity 5K by Big Kev

309/365 A lunchtime opportunity 5K by Big Kev

I had the opportunity to get some head space at lunchtime so took it. The weather looked good so I didn't think about it for too long. The route was one of my favourite routes around Leigh Woods and today I meet a few familiar faces along the way, however I didn't expect to meet Michaela Strachan coming in the opposite direction with several friends and lots of dogs!

After the run I also caught up briefly with my neighbour and again he promised sponsorship, I have been so bad at getting it there and then, but I know he is good for it. However, upon regailing the last few adventures it dawned on me that I have passed the 1400 mile mark and I am well on my way to 1500. I may even get to 1600 by the end of the year, thats bonkers. I have been averaging to date 4.5 miles a day, so certainly well above the agreed minimum on most days. Today though I was more than happy with my 5K, 3.1 miles.

With lots of work on I know I have to grab the opportunity to run when it presents itself, so I am sorry if I miss a few people over the next couple of weeks, life is getting in the way of the social running you have planned.

I am off to Cardiff tomorrow for work, so I am hoping to make it back to GWR's club night tomorrow as it is the London Marathon draw and the inaugural food night. What delights will it bring?

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment