Sunday 10 November 2013

314/365 Birthday celebrations on Remembrance Sunday 5 miles by Big Kev

314/365 Birthday celebrations on Remembrance Sunday 5 miles by Big Kev

First, things first, Happy 20th Birthday to my daughter Katie who is currently at Kent Uni. Have a great day and we will see you next week.

The run this morning was therefore a run of reflection, especially as it is her Birthday and it is also Remembrance Sunday. The conditions were clear and still which made for a perfect run along the riverbank this morning. I knew that I would be around half way into my run at 11:00 am, so I kept note of the time on my watch and paid my respects at the appropriate time.

Lest we forget.

After I set off again I reached garlic valley and to my surprise met a race marshal. I was then told that the Extreme ravine race had just set of and would be encircling the towpath and my intend route home in a 10k and half marathon race. I therefore made a very quick decision to set off up Garlic valley and back towards home as I didn't want to disrupt anyone's race. I made it to the top of the valley before I met the first runner coming in the opposite direction, phew. I then proceeded to cheer on the runners and wish them well for their race. It was great to see Lucy Ellis from GWR who was first lady at that point. An easy run back up the driveway from Leigh Court and I was home, all I needed was one lap of our road to make it to 5 miles.

A beautiful run on a beautiful day. I have added some photo's of the route and I hope you agree with my sentiment.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev





No comments:

Post a Comment