Saturday 23 November 2013

327/365 Cold parkrun friends 5K by Big Kev

327/365 Cold parkrun friends 5K by Big Kev

Another milestone reached today, not a massive one, but still it shows the end is in sight it was the first sub zero run of winter.

When I got out of the truck in the car park of Ashton Court the temperature was -1 degree. This meant that there was a thick frost on the grass and when we reached the puddles on the top of the course they had a thick layer of ice on them.

Before then though, I was able to chat with a lot of friendly faces complete with rosy cheeks and cold toes. Geoff and the team did another amazing job of putting this all together with smiles on their faces. I am really looking forward to repaying their effort by volunteering next year. However with only 5 park runs left I am going to use every one as my 5K daily requirement.

I get such a nice welcome every time I turn up an everyone is genuinely interested in the challenge and progress made to date. There are far too many people to list, so a big thank you to all of you that spoke to me today and wished me well, you know who you are.

My post yesterday also showed that most of you do read to the end and thank you Nett Porter for your kind donation to Macmillan this really keeps me going.

Macmillan helped a dear friend and his family last year deal with his final days and your donations mean than many more families will be able to benefit from the amazing angels.

www.macmillan.org.uk

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev






No comments:

Post a Comment