Saturday 16 November 2013

320/365 The tree of knowledge is bare 5K by Big Kev

320/365 The tree of knowledge is bare 5K by Big Kev

My visit to Ashton Court's parkrun has now become part of my Saturday morning routine and this mornings run really showed off the change in seasons. The tree in the photo normally has an information sign on it, so it has been affectionally nicknamed the tree of knowledge for obvious reasons.

Well the seasons have now stripped it of all of its leaves and left it bare to the elements. For us park runners though it is still our congregation point even though its sheltering abilities have been vastly reduced.

The run itself and the welcome from my parkrun friends still brightens my whole weekend. Its not an easy run and I think thats why I like it so much. You can test yourself as hard as you like depending on the conditions and how you are feeling on the day. There is always (in my case anyway) someone quicker than you and this always gives you a target to aim for, alternatively you can help others achieve their goals by encouraging them on to new heights. Todays new height (PB) wasn't quite reached for Alan Wilcox, so a plan is going to be put into place for him to reach his parkrun PB as he has helped so many this year reach theirs.

45 days to go and it will all be over, I am starting to get excited by the prospect of reaching the end of the road and yet it still feels a long way away yet and there is so much to do yet.

I have been in contact with the relevant parties regarding the event on New Years Eve and assuming I can get approval we are just about there. I will need some 10+ marshals and a first aider. So I am putting a shout out for these as I need to include the names with my application. any takers?

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev


No comments:

Post a Comment