Thursday 7 November 2013

310/365 A very wet GWR 6 miles by Big Kev

310/365 A very wet GWR 6 miles by Big Kev

Well I do believe the expression 'soaked to the skin' perfectly sums up our club run. 6 miles on the wet, dark and windy streets of Bristol, done!

The weather effects so many aspects of this challenge and none more so than reminding me that it is much easy to run in a group of people. Not so much for the sheltering ability to be honest most people are sheltering behind me when we run. No it's more the ability to get lost in the conversation and as a consequence letting the miles flow by.

I had the pleasure of meeting some new people to the club this week and therefore new to my challenge. I had started to forget what that initial puzzled expression looked like. The one where they are trying to work out if perhaps I am a little unbalanced and require medical care, then the 'oh' moment appears as they work out this is no ordinary challenge and I don't need to be taken into care for my own safety.

Their enthusiasm, enthuses me to keep on going, along with all of the support from friends and family.

Once back at the club, showered, changed, feed and watered we had our London Marathon draw and the good news for friends and family is that I didn't get in. Congratulations to Tara, Chris, Bastien and Joe all very worthy recipients of our club places, they will do us proud.

I am reaching the end of logistics planning for the end of the year and should be able to release some big updates next week!

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment