Friday 22 November 2013

326/365 Back on home turf 3 miles by Big Kev

326/365 Back on home turf 3 miles by Big Kev

Firstly a big thank you to Andrew Malloy for taking up the sponsorship challenge yesterday, its really appreciated. Secondly a big shout out to my self appointed twitter champion Kev Smith. He has been a man possessed today and has raised my profile no end. Thanks guys.

Today's run was back around my favourite lap of Leigh Woods. The trees are becoming really bare now and leaf litter lays out a multi coloured carpet in front of me which makes me smile. In the deepest part of woods on a fast downhill section I am approached at high speed by a 20 week old black and white Springer Spaniel. She was pleased and confused all at the same time that this goliath of a man dressed in fluorescent yellow clumps toward her. When we finally meet and join her owners we agree she has obviously way more energy than all of us put together, as she was able to run circles around me and them whilst we all said our hellos.

The woods today were full of dog walkers and the trails were full of mountain bikers trying to get their early weekend fix of the fresh air. I have seen a lot of this route this year and the seasons have shown me how beautiful it can be at any time of the year. I really am lucky to have this on my doorstep.

With 39 days left and the end in sight I did make a call to help move the sponsorship on. Now I realise that I haven't been the best at fund raising and I may need to may a request everyday for the rest of the year. So don't just shy away from my requests, as I know we are all bombarded daily with requests from all and sundry to sponsor us for this or that. However we all ask with the best of intentions and in a culture where we are so generous and yet, so reserved it is difficult for me to keep asking for fear of offending so please bear with me if you have indeed sponsored this crazy man on tis crazy challenge.

So to remind you of why I have chosen Macmillan as my partner on the challenge I will give you a link to their site, so you can read and see why they need all of our support so much.

www.macmillan.org.uk

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment