Wednesday 27 November 2013

331/365 A day of good news 6 miles by Big Kev

331/365 A day of good news 6 miles by Big Kev

Today will be a day I reflect on for some time. For those of you that don't know I am an Independent Financial Adviser and my business partner and I have worked hard in the last few years to establish our business in an age of adversity. We have embraced the new regime and our new regulator and as a consequence we have interacted with them far more than ever before. Therefore when we received an invite to a lunch with the Chairman of our regulator the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) we expected this to be a big event with lots of tables, a lectern, a powerpoint presentation and a global update on industry changes. So consider our shock and surprise when we turned up at the venue and we realised that the event was far more low key and consisted of just one table and 9 other guests.

The upside is that we were able to hear how our interactions effect those steering the policy and how going forward the changes that have been imposed to clean up the industry has benefits for all of us. So a lot of good news.

Then I come back to an email that confirms my application for my New Years Eve run has been approved. More great news.

Finally I have been able to get in my run with the club tonight and complete a couple of bits of work as well, so a productive day, great news.

I will focus more on the logistics of the NYE over the weekend when I have chance to broadcast it properly as I now need to organise the support team for the event.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

 

No comments:

Post a Comment