Tuesday 19 November 2013

323/365 Southville recovery run 5 miles by Big Kev

323/365 Southville recovery run 5 miles by Big Kev

I was a bit nervous about tonights run, not because of the conditions or the welcome I would receive from Southville running club. No, I was nervous about how my body would hold up and particularly my calf. So when I entered the South Bank venue I was really pleased with the warm welcome and then to hear that Dave was offering a 5 mile recovery run around the centre of Bristol.

The route took in some excellent sights of the centre of Bristol, including the floating harbour, Queens Square and the jewel in the crown Brandon Hill with a spectacular view of night time Bristol. The speed was unimportant as the company and conversation kept my mind elsewhere and allowed me to run without worrying about the calf.

I was also able to catch up with Laura Collacott who has been accepted and is now training for next years Marathon Des Sabre with her father. This truly is a mammoth task, I have friends that have attempted and completed what some would say is the toughest foot race in the world and they are humbled by it. I am continually inspired by people's determination and stubbornness, attributes I have had to adopt on this very challenge. Laura gave me a new way of saying that tonight in French, its 'tĂȘtu'.

May I continue to be tĂȘtu for the rest of the year.

So a hot bath, some food and a cider later and I am feeling far more relaxed than a few hours ago.

Once again thank you to all of you, that share the Facebook page and have kindly donated you have kept me going.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment