Sunday 1 December 2013

335/365 1 month to go and 1500 miles covered, 7 miles by Big Kev

335/365 1 month to go and 1500 miles covered, 7 miles by Big Kev

Well that's been a crazy 24hours! First we go live with the NYE event and flyer and then Facebook and twitter go bonkers (in a good way). I then find out that the girls (Tina and Jess) have set themselves their very own challenge for the month of December to show their support (not as if I haven't had it to date mind you). Then on the run I meet a lot of people I know out for the Sunday morning activities all with smiles on their faces and offering their support for me. whilst out on todays 7 mile run I cross the 1500 mile mark on my run after 11 months of consecutive running. Finally to top it off, I have just had a call from Nicki Ledgard at Radio Bristol who has been connected to me by the 6 degrees of separation rule.

Nicki has invited me into Radio Bristol for an interview with John Darvall on the 10th to discuss the challenge and my reasons why I have taken this upon myself.

I get asked 'why' a lot and every now and then I ask myself the same question. Yesterday I was reminded 'why', through an email I received from someone who has had to call upon Macmillan's services much more than anyone should do in such a short period of time and they thanked me for my support. Thanks are not needed as my role in all this is easy, get up, go out, run around, come back and write it up. Macmillan provide all the real support here, they are the ones that deserve our thanks and financial support.

This persons story will stay with me for the rest of this challenge and probably for the rest of my life. I know how to run, I know where to run and yet the 'why' I run, keeps evolving. I started in January with a personal goal thats why I am doing it. This has extended into a personal journey and thats why I am doing it. Finally it looks like its going to end on NYE with a shared awareness with hundreds of other people that 'why' is not as important as 'doing'.

I am therefore 'doing' this for me, my family, my friends, their family, their friends and all of the people that may have the need to call upon the services of Macmillan.

Lets see how many other people we can influence by inviting them to the NYE and to share the Facebook page, every like counts!

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

Todays photo is from the top of Sandy Lane looking out across the Bristol Channel, Portishead, The Denny and towards Wales and the rolling hills.


No comments:

Post a Comment